Sunday, June 23, 2013

Rethinking Things - An Update

Ok. So you may have noticed that I haven't posted anything in a week. Or maybe not; I'm not sure that anyone actually reads this blog regularly enough to notice that sort of thing. When I started this blog, my goal was to make posts every weekday, and for most of those posts to be reviews. I figured that would be managable, because I can and often do read books that quickly. The problem I'm having, one which I didn't anticipate at all, is that I cannot write reviews that quickly. To write a good review, I need time to mull the book over, to reflect on why I liked or disliked it, and then to try to express my feelings with the clearest wording possible. What I've been doing instead is sitting dow at the ends of long, stressful days and pounding out reviews just so I'll have a post for that day. And they haven't been very good. So what's going to happen now is that I'm going to ease up a little. You won't see reviews from me as often, and I won't be reviewing every book I read, but hopefully the reviews I do post will be more well thought out. And maybe I'll even try to do some more posts about other book-related things. See you soon, Tierney

No comments:

Post a Comment